Each year the club runs cruises both in the summer and at Easter Each cruise runs for a week Saturday to Saturday and is a great opportunity to learn to sail a broads cruiser.
Sailing with the GWYC is about much more than just sailing. A Club cruise – where the training takes place – is also a holiday and an adventure. For some of the younger participants, it may well be their first time away from home and is usually their first time aboard a yacht. As members pass through the club, they develop skills and responsibilities, gradually learning to teach others – and feed them – and to take control of the boats for themselves.
This years dates are:
- Easter Week 1: 26th March to 2nd April 2016
- Summer Week 1: 23rd July to 30th July 2016
- Summer Week 2: 30th July to 6th August 2016
- Summer Week 3: 6th August to 13th August 2016
- Summer Week 4: 13th August to 19th August 2016